How to implement the N-1 function for more than 2x TLD5099/TLD5097?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21125
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Intron(GC)
First comment on blog 5 sign-ins Welcome!
As we known,infineon's basic products can connect the ST for the N-1 function,now my concern is how to make it possible for TLD509x without micro-controller.
Thanks in advance.:)
0 Likes
1 Solution
fausto_borg
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 likes received
Hello Yebing,

nice to see you again in this forum with a nice thread...

For the DC-DC you have to play with some digital gates to build-up a solution to implement N-1 function.
Here I used as example the TLD5098EP. If you consider TLD5097EP, please exchange ST pin with PWMO pin.

In the datasheet the fault behavior of TLD5098EP is well described in the Diagnosis truth table (table 10). In this table you can recognize the faults are signalized with a "low" digital signal at PWMO when PWMI digital input is "high"
This fault status for a LED driver with TLD5098EP is recognized with an AND gate where the PWMO is inverted.
If you have more than one LED driver, you can detect the a driver is in fault just using an OR gate fed by the LED driver fault signal.

Than a SR latch can be used to store the status and switch off all the DC-DC

You need a RESET signal to start-up again the LED drivers.

Here I sketched the circuit for a 2 LED driver system.
4991.attach

Please do not forget to visit out LITIX webpage:)
Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
fausto_borg
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 likes received
Hello Yebing,

nice to see you again in this forum with a nice thread...

For the DC-DC you have to play with some digital gates to build-up a solution to implement N-1 function.
Here I used as example the TLD5098EP. If you consider TLD5097EP, please exchange ST pin with PWMO pin.

In the datasheet the fault behavior of TLD5098EP is well described in the Diagnosis truth table (table 10). In this table you can recognize the faults are signalized with a "low" digital signal at PWMO when PWMI digital input is "high"
This fault status for a LED driver with TLD5098EP is recognized with an AND gate where the PWMO is inverted.
If you have more than one LED driver, you can detect the a driver is in fault just using an OR gate fed by the LED driver fault signal.

Than a SR latch can be used to store the status and switch off all the DC-DC

You need a RESET signal to start-up again the LED drivers.

Here I sketched the circuit for a 2 LED driver system.
4991.attach

Please do not forget to visit out LITIX webpage:)
Have a nice day!