Difference between CMSIS and XMC-Lib

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21268
Level 1
Level 1
Hi there.
can someone describe me the difference between the XMC-Lib and CMSIS Packagae for XMC?

And why are there to different Library Packages available?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers Sven
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Sven,

The XMClibrary consists of low level drivers used for the XMC product family peripherals. It is tested with GCC,ARM,IAR and TASKING compilers and released for Altium,Atollic,ARM/Keil,IAR and Rowley.
Additionally it provides peripherals a register abstraction making it possible to write a full application without a single peripheral register access. XMClib is also built on top of CMSIS.

CMSIS PACK for XMC1000 and XMC4000: includes the full device support for all XMC1000 and XMC4000 derivatives that can be directly installed in Keil MDK or other tool that support this format.
You have to manually use this package provided by Infineon if you are working with Keil MDK.
4974.attach
See the tutorial how to import a dave project to arm mdk

I hope this clears your doubt about the two packages available.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi Sven,

The XMClibrary consists of low level drivers used for the XMC product family peripherals. It is tested with GCC,ARM,IAR and TASKING compilers and released for Altium,Atollic,ARM/Keil,IAR and Rowley.
Additionally it provides peripherals a register abstraction making it possible to write a full application without a single peripheral register access. XMClib is also built on top of CMSIS.

CMSIS PACK for XMC1000 and XMC4000: includes the full device support for all XMC1000 and XMC4000 derivatives that can be directly installed in Keil MDK or other tool that support this format.
You have to manually use this package provided by Infineon if you are working with Keil MDK.
4974.attach
See the tutorial how to import a dave project to arm mdk

I hope this clears your doubt about the two packages available.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes