CAN communication is in synchronization state.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MogantiSanjay
Level 1
Level 1
First like given Welcome!
Hi all,

I'm working on TC387QP tricore MCU. I'm facing CAN communication on a bus which is in a synchronization state. I was monitoring CAN0_PSR0.ACT -> Synchronization state and CAN0_CCCR0.INIT-> initialization operation. The CAN0_CCCR0.INIT bit not updating to Normal Operation.
The source clock synchronization between clock domains are correct. CLKSEL{i} are synchronized. The CAN FD communication is not working. What are the reasons for CAN communication always in a synchronization state? Moreover, the INIT bit is in the Initialization state.
Please let me know how to resolve the issue.
0 Likes
8 Replies
fittori
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 sign-ins First question asked

Hi,

Could you find a solution? I am facing the same issue with TC397 CAN communication.

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

Hi, I am confused with a similar problem. Normally after CCCR.B.INIT get cleared to 0, PSR.B.ACT will set to "Tramsmitter" within 1.2 ms, but under special condition, such as the voltage is low, it will takes about 50ms. 

Do you know the reason or how to deal with it?

0 Likes
fittori
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

unfortunately no, I haven't got to the point where you did, I just can't get the node to transmitter state, it remains in synchronizing. The pins output a constant recessive value. Actually you might help, how you ot it to TX state. 😄

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

I do nothing else but just wait.😂

0 Likes
fittori
Level 1
Level 1

How long do you wait? Maybe I have initialization issues and that is why I can't get out of sync.

0 Likes
Jamber
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, 

I wait 50ms, and then it works.

0 Likes
fittori
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using any of the AURIX code examples as base?

0 Likes
zhangdong
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First like given First reply posted

when I tried to change the CAN controller mode, set CCCRi.INIT to NORMAL, but the PSRi.ACT is still in SYNCHRONIZING status.  I have checked the Baud rate setting, and clock setting, they are all right. but why this so? 

0 Likes