How convert project from Xmc4200 to Xmc4800?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20848
Level 1
Level 1
How do I take a project that is set up for Xmc4200 and convert it to Xmc4800?

I am working with students to develop a free an open operating system that uses XMC processors networked together with CANbus. The source code is online. Anyone can copy for free.

For details, one can see the below PDF.

http://www.ma2life.org/doc/research/ma2/BuildingBus_Development_Guide.pdf
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the resource with community. There is no easy migration process across devices in different family.
Where as inside the same family device migration option can be used DAVE(Right click on project -> Dave project upgrade-> Device migration).
When you try to port a project created for a smaller processor like XMC4200 to bigger on like XMC4800, it should be made sure that the resources are sufficient.

In case of CAN these are the differences across different family of devices.
4949.attach

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Vasanth
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the resource with community. There is no easy migration process across devices in different family.
Where as inside the same family device migration option can be used DAVE(Right click on project -> Dave project upgrade-> Device migration).
When you try to port a project created for a smaller processor like XMC4200 to bigger on like XMC4800, it should be made sure that the resources are sufficient.

In case of CAN these are the differences across different family of devices.
4949.attach

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User20848
Level 1
Level 1
You state "There is easy migration process across devices in different family.". Where is that documented?
0 Likes
Vasanth
That was my bad. I had a typo in the response and have corrected now. Nevertheless, If you want to migrate, recreating the Dave apps config and copying the source files is the way to go.
If you were using XMClib it might have been easily portable.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes
User20848
Level 1
Level 1
you state "recreate dave apps config". does that mean you create each APP from scratch? and create build configs and debug configs from scratch?

g
0 Likes
Vasanth
Hi,

You may have to recreate the dave app configuration for each project from scratch. I hope that is clear.

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes