recorded data issue

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20295
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First reply posted First question asked
Hi, I'm currently learn Distance2Go demo kit. I have record the data by Radar GUI. But I don't understande what is the meaning of the float number data of the frame.
I have read through the Radar GUI HELP doucment but I still don't understand it. Can help to explian some? Thank you
4921.attach
Sample per frame is 512, so there are 512 data in each frame.
Chirp per frame is 4
Sample per chirp is 64
What does there 512 values stand for?
0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

We discussed your query internally with our product experts. The reason why you observe the "Samples_per_frame" filed equal to 512 instead of 256 (4 * 64) is that, each sample contain real (I) and imaginary (Q) parts.
Please see the field "Data_Format_Enum", its value is '1'. Which means each sample will be recorded as a complex number. First 64 samples will come from I channel and next 64 samples will be from Q channel.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SudheeshK
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in our response.

Data format for different options to record data from "Radar GUI" is mentioned in the "Recording and Playback" section of the help document. I understand that, you are already went through this document.
Please give us some time to check, why "Samples_per_frame" is mentioned as 512 in log messages instead of 256 (Chirps_per_frame * Samples_per_chirp) in the log messages internally with our product experts and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes
SudheeshK
Hello,

We discussed your query internally with our product experts. The reason why you observe the "Samples_per_frame" filed equal to 512 instead of 256 (4 * 64) is that, each sample contain real (I) and imaginary (Q) parts.
Please see the field "Data_Format_Enum", its value is '1'. Which means each sample will be recorded as a complex number. First 64 samples will come from I channel and next 64 samples will be from Q channel.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes