Assign Heap on external SRAM via EBU

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Qu19_4750531
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Infineon Team/All,

I have external SRAM connected via EBU on XMC47xx. I would like to assign heap to external SRAM. I am using Keil compiler.
In Keil compiler under Target, I have set off chip RAM start address to EBU Chip select address and Size, I edited Scatter file as well.
My project is crashing the moment it enters main and tries to access external SRAM base address ( i.e, 0x60000000). Could be because EBU is not initialized in startup file.
Does anyone know how can we initialize EBU in startup file ? Or incase if my understanding is wrong then

Is it possible to assign heap to external SRAM by updating scatter file ?
if so, does anyone know steps to assign heap to external SRAM connected via EBU ?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards
Query1920
0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in our response.

Initialization of EBU before entering main() needs to be done from SystemInit() function defined in system_XMC4700.c file. It is defined as a weak function, you can override it to add EBU initialization.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in our response.

Initialization of EBU before entering main() needs to be done from SystemInit() function defined in system_XMC4700.c file. It is defined as a weak function, you can override it to add EBU initialization.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes