TC4xx promo banner Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cannot Connect TC399 Upgraded from TC299

New Member New Member eric_cal is on a distinguished road

Cannot Connect TC399 Upgraded from TC299

Hi there,
    I'm trying to connect via the DAP port (miniWiggler) to a TC399 which is replacing a TC299 on one our products and am failing.
    The error messages from the memtool consists of "can't connect to target" and "can't connect to device via DAS".
    The DAS Device Scanner shows nothing while listing the device when a product with the TC299 is installed.
    This is the first time attempting to connect to the chip and program it.

Any suggestions?

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    VincentWan is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

In general, we can check the following pins:

/PORST
    XTAL
    HWCFG
    all relevant supply pins (Vdd, Vddp3, Vext, Vflex, Vddm, Vddsb, Vebu)
    /ESR0
    /TRST
    /TESTMODE

With a debugger, we can also check the Reset Status Register (RSTSTAT) for hints.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    You made some adaptations for replacing the TC299 with a TC399? You can't remove TC299 and assemble TC399 instead directly.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Adaptations were not made, as it were.
    Looking at the schematic for the TC399 eval board (sheet 5), it appears that the TLF11251 (U503) needs to be added to the 1v25 buck converter circuit, even though it's denoted as optional. Currently we're seeing oscillation on the 3v3 and 1v3 rails.
    Are additional mods required to enable a 299 to 399 swap?
    Last edited by eric_cal; Feb 3rd, 2021 at 10:23 AM.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    In this case you made shortcut between 3v3 and 1v3 via the TC399 itself. As I wrote you can't simple replace the TC299 by a TC399.
    TC299 ball J21 and K20 are VDDFL3 and on your board connected to 3,3V. TC399 ball J21 and K20 are connected to VDD and must be connected to 1,3V. Because this balls on TC399 are connected to other VDD pins via the substrate you make here an shortcut from 3,3V to 1,3V.
    This should be the reason for oscillation. Please note, I don't known if there is now any damage on the TC399 because of supplying VDD with 3,3V.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
    I'll have to get back to you at a later date once we've attempted and verified the fix.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.