TC4xx promo banner Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TC37x Error Debug Port Secured after flashing wrong .s19 HSM Sw and then enabled HSM.

TC37x Error Debug Port Secured after flashing wrong .s19 HSM Sw and then enabled HSM.

I am getting the error "Debug Port Secured" on TC37x.
    I was trying to flash HSM software using Lauterbach after checking that HSM is disabled. By mistake I did flashed the wrong .s19 as HSM software and then enabled the HSM.
    Now I am not able to do any thing. It seems I am locked out of the ECU.

Is any body know any procedure so that I can unlock the ECU ?

Intermediate Intermediate
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Darren Galpin is on a distinguished road
    Are you able to read the CBS_COMDATA register at all, where the system software reports an error during boot, or is it completely locked out?
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    So the error message is generated by the Lauterbach software - see https://www2.lauterbach.com/pdf/error.pdf.
    It then says to see the "Processor Architecture Manual" on how to unsecure the debug port of the processor, which isn't too helpful!

Please could you take a look at chapter 8.2.2.3 Halt After Reset of the architecture manual, and specifically the sub-section "Halt after Power on Reset", and see whether this allows you to then access things via the debug?
    Last edited by Darren Galpin; Jan 22nd, 2021 at 09:34 AM.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Could you attach the TC37x Architecture Manual where you are pointing these section.

chapter 8.2.2.3 Halt After Reset of the architecture manual, and specifically the sub-section "Halt after Power on Reset".

What do you mean by completely locked out.
    Right now I am not able to interact with the target as the Debug port is not allowing me to connect.
    Though I have bootloader and Application flashed into it but the problem I believe HSM UCBs are corrupted since I have flashed wrong .s19 file for HSM sw and then enabled the HSM.

It will be really helpful if you could tell if it is really possible to again connect through that secured debug port.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    The UCBs are in DFlash, but S19 is in PFlash - you have not corrupted the UCBs here.

The Aurix TC3xx user manual is at https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infine...717d3605221d96

I do not know enough to know whether you can or cannot connect through the debug port now. By changing S19, you have changed the HSM boot code, but not the device boot up sequence. Hence the start up software should still evaluate, and should have set up the device correctly until the HSM starts running, which is when you then potentially have the incorrect code.

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    MoD is on a distinguished road
    Enabling HSM with invalid code for HSM will lock the device for ever. There is no possibility to recover the device. You must exchange the device.

+ Reply to Thread