TC37x Error Debug Port Secured after flashing wrong .s19 HSM Sw and then enabled HSM.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User21056
Level 1
Level 1
I am getting the error "Debug Port Secured" on TC37x.
I was trying to flash HSM software using Lauterbach after checking that HSM is disabled. By mistake I did flashed the wrong .s19 as HSM software and then enabled the HSM.
Now I am not able to do any thing. It seems I am locked out of the ECU.

Is any body know any procedure so that I can unlock the ECU ?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
Are you able to read the CBS_COMDATA register at all, where the system software reports an error during boot, or is it completely locked out?
0 Likes
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
So the error message is generated by the Lauterbach software - see https://www2.lauterbach.com/pdf/error.pdf.
It then says to see the "Processor Architecture Manual" on how to unsecure the debug port of the processor, which isn't too helpful!

Please could you take a look at chapter 8.2.2.3 Halt After Reset of the architecture manual, and specifically the sub-section "Halt after Power on Reset", and see whether this allows you to then access things via the debug?
0 Likes
User21056
Level 1
Level 1
Could you attach the TC37x Architecture Manual where you are pointing these section.

chapter 8.2.2.3 Halt After Reset of the architecture manual, and specifically the sub-section "Halt after Power on Reset".

What do you mean by completely locked out.
Right now I am not able to interact with the target as the Debug port is not allowing me to connect.
Though I have bootloader and Application flashed into it but the problem I believe HSM UCBs are corrupted since I have flashed wrong .s19 file for HSM sw and then enabled the HSM.

It will be really helpful if you could tell if it is really possible to again connect through that secured debug port.
0 Likes
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
The UCBs are in DFlash, but S19 is in PFlash - you have not corrupted the UCBs here.

The Aurix TC3xx user manual is at https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AURIX_TC3xx_Part1-UserManual-v01_00-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d462712...

I do not know enough to know whether you can or cannot connect through the debug port now. By changing S19, you have changed the HSM boot code, but not the device boot up sequence. Hence the start up software should still evaluate, and should have set up the device correctly until the HSM starts running, which is when you then potentially have the incorrect code.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Enabling HSM with invalid code for HSM will lock the device for ever. There is no possibility to recover the device. You must exchange the device.
0 Likes