XMC4200 Distance2Go - UART not working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20933
Level 1
Level 1
No combination of TX/RX pins in the DAVE UART app within the DAVE IDE prints out to the Serial port when connected to my computer, I am using the below code to print numbers to UART:

#include
#include

int main(void)
{
DAVE_STATUS_t status;

status = DAVE_Init(); /* Initialization of DAVE APPs */

if(status != DAVE_STATUS_SUCCESS)
{
XMC_DEBUG("DAVE APPs initialization failed\n");
}

while(1U)
{
int x = 0;
while (1U) {
char buffer[20];
sprintf(buffer, "%d \n", x);
x++;
UART_Transmit(&UART_0, buffer, strlen(buffer));
}
}
}

Nothing will print to serial on baud rate 19200 with the following TX/RX combinations in the UART App in DAVE:

• TX = P2.5, RX = P2.2
  • TX = P0.1, RX = P0.0
  • TX = P0.5, RX = P0.4
  • TX = P1.5, RX = P1.4

I build the .hex files in the DAVE IDE and then flash them to my boards with the XMC flasher app in the Infineon toolbox.

Is my board broken? Or is DAVE broken?
0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

How are the UART pins connected to the computer? Are you using the onboard breakable debugger of Distance2Go kit for UART communication?
Onboard debugger uses the pins UART TX = 0.1 and UART RX = 0.0 for UART communication. It is mentioned in page 33 of the application note.

Onboard debugger require SEGGER J-Link driver, make sure it is installed on your computer. Also, please double check that the UART settings are matching between the Distance2Go kit and the PC software.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

How are the UART pins connected to the computer? Are you using the onboard breakable debugger of Distance2Go kit for UART communication?
Onboard debugger uses the pins UART TX = 0.1 and UART RX = 0.0 for UART communication. It is mentioned in page 33 of the application note.

Onboard debugger require SEGGER J-Link driver, make sure it is installed on your computer. Also, please double check that the UART settings are matching between the Distance2Go kit and the PC software.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes