Bootup using the ABM1 doest work (using xmc45)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20853
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First solution authored
Hi

I am a new-be to infineon xmc4500.

I am trying to program code to flash at address 0x08020000 – seems like it is ok
The header of it is:
ABM1_Header = {
.MagicKey = MAGIC_KEY,
.StartAddress = 0x08020000, // Update_ABM: Take care of the startup address
.Length = 0xFFFFFFFF,
.ApplicationCRC32 = 0xFFFFFFFF,
.HeaderCRC32 = 0x29e7c816 // Update_ABM: Take care of the CRC value
};
the flsh at this address is programed with the code but after updating the STCON + reset, the program I have in flash at 0x08020000 dosnt come up (no leds working)
In the reset function from the examples I update the SCU_GENERAL->STCON register with a value of 0x800. That I read and see .
But then after the reset, when things aren’t going as expected, I brought up the DAVE debug in running target mode and read the SCU_GENERAL->STCON register again (after reset) and saw I have a 0 there.
The way I understand is that after reset the system knows where to startup from by having this register with a value (if not in default bring up)

What am I doing wrong?

Maccabi
0 Likes
1 Solution
User20853
Level 1
Level 1
after making further search in the forum, I found this discution :https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3907-ABM-Header

regarding how in detail the ABMx works and most important, with a very simple example that works !

what I wasnt aware about, is that after STCON is changed to point to ABMx instead of normal booting, it is erased - meaning that after next reset the system comes up in normal mode.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
User20853
Level 1
Level 1
after making further search in the forum, I found this discution :https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/3907-ABM-Header

regarding how in detail the ABMx works and most important, with a very simple example that works !

what I wasnt aware about, is that after STCON is changed to point to ABMx instead of normal booting, it is erased - meaning that after next reset the system comes up in normal mode.
0 Likes