How can I be sure that the transmission error bit TER is safely detected?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20590
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
I'm concerned about an identical identification of a TER message with a read back of a register command.
Could there be a mix match between STD Diagnosis and Read Commands?
What to do to reliably detect a TER case?
0 Likes
1 Solution
j_oehmen
First like received 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
There are two ways to check if a transmission error has happened:

1) Monitor the TER flag on the SO pin in the time window between the chip select assertion and the first clock rising edge, please refer on figure 28 of the TLD5501-2QV datasheet. Usually this solution requires extra HW (i.e. one extra GPIO).
2) Monitor the TER bit in the standard diagnosis. You can distinguish the standard diagnosis frame from another frame response by checking the frame MSB. In a standard diagnosis frame the MSB is set to 0. In case of a response after a reading request the TLD5501-2QV is setting the MSB of the frame to 1.

Find the datasheet and more information on https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/lighting-ics/litix-automotive-led-driver-ic/litix-powe...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
j_oehmen
First like received 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
There are two ways to check if a transmission error has happened:

1) Monitor the TER flag on the SO pin in the time window between the chip select assertion and the first clock rising edge, please refer on figure 28 of the TLD5501-2QV datasheet. Usually this solution requires extra HW (i.e. one extra GPIO).
2) Monitor the TER bit in the standard diagnosis. You can distinguish the standard diagnosis frame from another frame response by checking the frame MSB. In a standard diagnosis frame the MSB is set to 0. In case of a response after a reading request the TLD5501-2QV is setting the MSB of the frame to 1.

Find the datasheet and more information on https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/power/lighting-ics/litix-automotive-led-driver-ic/litix-powe...
0 Likes