Shadow Transfer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19988
Level 1
Level 1
Hello everyone,

I found a commend in a given program called:
XMC_HRPWM_EnableHighResolutionShadowTransfer(HRPWM_0.hrc_module_ptr, HRPWM_0.hr_dt_transfer_msk);
This was found in a digital power supplie control program.
My question is what is this so called shadow transfer and why do I need it here?
Thank you for your help
0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

Shadow registers are normally used to store register values and update it at the end of a PWM period .In case of HRPWM each HRCy(High Resolution Channel) unit has a shadow transfer mechanism
that can be used to update the high resolution compare values, HRCyCR1 and HRCyCR2, the dead time values, HRCyDCR and HRCyDCF, and the field that dictates which source selector is connected
to the high resolution path, HRCySC, on-the-fly.

Kindly check 20.2.3.4 Shadow Transfer Control section in the Technical Reference Manual

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked
Hi,

Shadow registers are normally used to store register values and update it at the end of a PWM period .In case of HRPWM each HRCy(High Resolution Channel) unit has a shadow transfer mechanism
that can be used to update the high resolution compare values, HRCyCR1 and HRCyCR2, the dead time values, HRCyDCR and HRCyDCF, and the field that dictates which source selector is connected
to the high resolution path, HRCySC, on-the-fly.

Kindly check 20.2.3.4 Shadow Transfer Control section in the Technical Reference Manual

Best Regards,
Vasanth
0 Likes