When generating code It is deleted the linker_script.Id file????

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18526
Level 2
Level 2
Hi, look, I have an XMC4800 Relax EtherCAT Kit and the following problem occurs:
When generating code It is deleted the linker_script.Id file and I get the following errors:
4867.attach
0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

No, generating code in Dave will not delete the linker script file (linker_script.ld). I hope you are using the example project downloaded from our website and following the instructions in the document "Getting Started - XMC4800_Relax_EtherCat_APP_Slave_SSC Example_V3.2.pdf" available with our example project.

To assist you further with this query, we would like to know some more details.
1. Were you able to build our example project before making the changes required for your application?
2. What are the changes that you made to our example project?
3. In the screen shot you attached, there is some text present at line 58 of the file "e_eeprom_xmc4_conf.c" "linker_script.ld file does not exist". Why is this text added to a source file?

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

No, generating code in Dave will not delete the linker script file (linker_script.ld). I hope you are using the example project downloaded from our website and following the instructions in the document "Getting Started - XMC4800_Relax_EtherCat_APP_Slave_SSC Example_V3.2.pdf" available with our example project.

To assist you further with this query, we would like to know some more details.
1. Were you able to build our example project before making the changes required for your application?
2. What are the changes that you made to our example project?
3. In the screen shot you attached, there is some text present at line 58 of the file "e_eeprom_xmc4_conf.c" "linker_script.ld file does not exist". Why is this text added to a source file?

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes