User Productive Mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20876
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I set xmc1302 BMI to User Productive Mode, can I reset it back?
0 Likes
3 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

"It is possible to change the BMI value in this mode. This is done by embedding the provided “Request BMI
installation routine (new BMI)” in the user code. The “Request BMI installation” routine is provided inside the
XMC1000 ROM at location 0x00000108. The application software can run this routine to change the BMI value
under user-defined conditions. For example, the change of BMI value can be triggered from an external
interrupt or from GPIO pin latch values."

Please see more details from the following application note: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ApplicationNote_XMC1000_Microcontroller_BootModeHandling-AN-v....

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes
User20876
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks Sudheesh,
If I did not embed "Request BMI installation routine" in my code, that mean the chip can not be erase, is that true?
0 Likes
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change BMI from UPM to another value, if the "Request BMI installation routine" is not embedded in the code.
As mentioned in our application note, User Productive mode should only be used once the user has confirmed that their code is FULLY TESTED.
This mode provides MEMORY PROTECTION by not allowing external tools such as the debugger, read/write access to the flash memory.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes