xmc 2go kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20468
Level 1
Level 1
hi
i just made some changes to the BMI mode of xmc 2go kit . As a result i no longer can comminucate with it from dave4. is there a way to factory reset it? or return the xmc 2go kit to default settings.

samuel
0 Likes
5 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted
Hello,

Could you please let us know how you changed BMI mode of XMC 2Go kit and the new BMI mode that you set?

Did you try to use the "BMI get set" feature in Dave to change BMI to the default value? Please refer the following application note to know more about BMI handling in XMC1000 devices.
Application note: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-ApplicationNote_XMC1000_Microcontroller_BootModeHandling-AN-v...

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes
User20468
Level 1
Level 1
KSudheesh wrote:

Hi Sudheesh thanks for the help.

Yes I changed the BMI from dave BMI set and Get. and changed it to 'ASC Bootstrap Load Mode (ASC_BSL) no debug.

samuel
0 Likes
SudheeshK
Hello,

Were you able to change the BMI mode back to the desired value using the "BMI Get Set" feature of Dave?
Or, are you still facing this issue? Please clarify.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes
User20468
Level 1
Level 1
hi sudheesh
i no longer can communicate with the kit. i changed it only once (or tried to change it, i am not sure if it has been changed) and i no longer have any comminucation. SEGGER J-LINK finds the debugger but i cannot communicate and detect the kit from dave in any way.

thanks for the help
samuel
0 Likes
SudheeshK
Hello,

We double checked and confirmed that there are no issues to update the BMI value of XMC 2Go kit using "BMI Get Set" feature of Dave to 'ASC BSL Mode, No Debug' and change it back to 'User Mode (Debug) SWD1'.

1. Can you read the current BMI values from XMC 2Go kit using "BMI Get Set" feature in Dave? Are you able to read it or are you observing an error?
2. What is the error that you observe in Dave while tying to connect to the kit? Please provide a screenshot.

Thanks and Regards,
Sudheesh
0 Likes