ADC parallel Conversion

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20162
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hi,
I have configured ADC in tc37 eval board using queue method, i have doubts regarding the queue mapping.

1. i am planning to configure Group 0 , channel 0,1,2 and Group8 channel 0,1,2 in the given below way

queue0 stage- 0 = Group0 CH0
queue1 stage- 0 = Group0 CH1
queue2 stage- 0 = Group0 CH2

queue0 stage- 0 = Group0 CH0
queue1 stage- 0 = Group0 CH1
queue2 stage- 0 = Group0 CH2

i have calculated the time for single channel in primary queue is 1.2us and secondary queue is 1.7us

if i do the above configuration , is all the queue work parallelly to get the conversion output( which mean in 1.7uS i ll get the 6 channel output or it work as a sequence order like queue 0, queue1, queue 2, etc)???

Thanks
Mohamed Rahmathulla
0 Likes
3 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Each converter (e.g., G0 and G8) arbitrates between three request queues. For the example you gave, each converter will do three conversions serially, with G0 and G8 working at the same time.
0 Likes
User20162
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Thank you for the response,

from your reply i am coming to understand that primary queue and secondary queue conversion will start on the same time but the queue 0,1,2 of primary will work by serial sequence order , in that case queue 0 will execute first, queue1 will work second
and finally queue2 will execute.

correct me if my understanding is wrong...
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
That's correct by default, but it depends how you have the triggering set up. Each EVADC group arbitrates between its three queues, and you can change the relative priorities to meet your application needs.
0 Likes