Reset issue in Tc37x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20731
Level 1
Level 1
I can not perform a SW reset using the Demo application provided, although it is working on Tc38x.
The only difference between the two controllers is the UCB, as the TC387's UCB that works with the SW reset is updated with the DemoApp UCB data, but TC377's UCB, which does not work with SW reset (Hang after the reset), is not updated.

I tried it on two different controllers (TC377 and TC375) with the same not working behavior, as it totally hangs without the possibility of stoping the controller using the debugger.
If the UCB is somehow related, can I know the possible reasons, please?

Thanks,
0 Likes
4 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Is there any of the BMHD UCBs programmed on TC377? How you make your tests, with debugger connected? Which debugger, if used?
0 Likes
User20731
Level 1
Level 1
No there are no BMHD UCBs programmed on TC377. Can I know what is the relation between SW reset and UCB, please?
I test it by the serial interface provided by Demo Application. It can multiple demos and I am selecting one of the demos, which in this case the hardware reset.
I am using the iSystems debugger.
0 Likes
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
After an application reset, the system software loads values from the UCBs into various registers for usage in run time. Once this has completed, the system software can complete the start up sequence and move to normal operation.
0 Likes
User20731
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks a lot.
0 Likes