Tc223 asclin trapbus

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User20530
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins
Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure an ASCLIN UART Interface. Unfortunately I am running into a trapbus instruction. I have already consulted tasking on this issue. They have redirected me to here, you can take a look at the case:
https://supportcenter.tasking.com/#CaseDetails/E96675E8-6264-C2A6-C216-0CF93003EDFC

I have tried writing into the registers using different ways. Either only selected bits or the whole register. Also using the defines out of the IfxAsclin_regdef.h / IfxAsclin_reg.h headers. Unfortunately I always run into a trapbus error.

I guess there is maybe just another bit that needs to be cleared/set. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
You need an account to see the details of the Tasking issue - please could you paste the details here.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Did you enable the ASCLIN peripheral first with something like this?

// enable the peripheral
IfxScuWdt_clearGlobalEndinit( IfxScuWdt_getGlobalEndinitPassword() );
MODULE_ASCLIN0->CLC.U = 0;
IfxScuWdt_setGlobalEndinit( IfxScuWdt_getGlobalEndinitPassword() );

By default, the clock for most AURIX peripherals is off, and accessing any register besides CLC will cause a bus error.
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
Have a look to section 8.1.4.1 Clock Control Register CLC
Write operations to the non CLC registers of disabled modules are not allowed. However, the CLC of a disabled module can be written. An attempt to write to any of the other writable registers of a disabled module except CLC will cause the corresponding Bus Control Unit (BCU) to generate a bus error.

In your code you should move the CLC enabling... Before you access any other SFR in the ASCLIN

void Init_asclinDrv(void){
uint16 passwd = IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatchdogPassword();
IfxScuWdt_clearCpuEndinit(passwd);

pAsclin->CLC.B.DISR = 0U; // disable module control
pAsclin->CLC.B.EDIS = 1U; // disable disable listening to sleep mode
0 Likes
User20530
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 sign-ins
Sorry for my late reply but unfortunately I did not receive any information about all the replies.

To clarify, yes I was unlocking the write by writing the password. Here is an update on what I found. The DEADD Register helped me to identify that the trap was caused by writing into csr Register, writing 0 for the clock selection as it already was 0. After avoiding this, the initialization of the module works fine.
0 Likes