TLE9877 FastLIN connection

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20410
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
I cannot connect through FastLIN BLS.
I have a device which I completely erase throught the JLink connection.
Then I remove the JLink and I try to connect with FastLIN mode, but without success.
I use a LIN hardware transceiver, power on the device and send the following bytes
00 0A 7F 42 53 4C 00 28
at 115200 baud
as explained in the TLE987xQX BOOTrom manual page 41.
From the device there is no answer.
The LIN trasmission is ok because with a simple test firmware I receive the LIN data correctly.

I don't have the uIO stick device, but I have the EVAL kit for the device as an alternative platform.

Anybody can help ?
0 Likes
2 Replies
User20410
Level 1
Level 1
Update:
ironically, just after writing the post, I tried once more, and surprisingly I got the answer from the device.
The memory wasn't blank, but my test application was loaded,
NAC and NAD are 0x49 and 0x7F (their location is exact and their complement is correct)

However the behavior is puzzling.
The sequence is:
power off (to be sure to have the device out of power on)
wait 1 sec
power on
wait 1 sec
send 00 0A 7F 42 53 4C 00 28 @115200
the device answers 55 82 27 71 68

But since NAC/NAD are 49 7F the device should quit BSL wait mode after some milliseconds.(40 ms).
My test application resets every 50 ms if a proper signal is not given throught LIN, so that may explain.

However I still cannot connect when the device is completely erased.
Any hint ?
0 Likes
User20410
Level 1
Level 1
Update #2
I finally solved the issue even with the device erased.
The issue has nothing to do with the "software", but it's a "hardware" issue.

The trick was to give a negative pulse on the MON input, after the device is powered.
As for the circuit that drives the MON input, there is a diode and a quite big capacitor.
The capacitor is able to keep the MON input at high voltage levels even after the power is removed.
I know that the MON wake up ability is configurable, but it's not completely clear what is the behavior out of power on.
It addition, it isn't clear why if a test application is in memory, the device has a different behavior.

However, in the end it seems that if the device is erased, a wake up pulse is needed on the MON input in order to have
the device answer to BSL commands.

Maybe a more exhaustive application note or troubleshooting from Infineon would be appreciated.
0 Likes