Dave cannot allocate resources? I2C_MASTER

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20487
Level 1
Level 1
I am trying to add an I2C_MASTER App to my project, having successfully set up my ECAT and SPI Apps, and tested these.

However when adding I2C_MASTER I get the error "DAVE is not able to grant your last hardware resources request".

I'm not sure why this is, as I can add an I2C_SLAVE App no problem! See below image:

I want to use pins P1.8 and P0.8, I am expecting it to pick USIC0_CH0 for this, as I have my SPI_MASTER App on P2.2-2.5

I do not think the ECAT module uses the USIC, so I should not be out of channels, and the fact I can add an I2C_SLAVE app is confusing me, why can I not add a master?

It would be very useful to log the reason why an hardware request was denied, and any help on this would be appreciated.

From my point of view I have the following USIC channels which I should be able to use:

USIC0_CH0 <-- Should have access to P1.5 and P0.8
USIC0_CH1 <-- Used by SPI_MASTER
USIC1_CH0 <-- Not used
USIC1_CH1 <-- Not used
0 Likes
2 Replies
User20487
Level 1
Level 1
Sorry, looks like you do log the error. Surprising it is a time out exception? Not sure if this is correct as the error appears immediately, there is no delay between clicking "Add" on the App and it giving me the error:

!ENTRY APPLICATION_MODEL 1 0 2020-10-28 12:28:17.556
!MESSAGE USER_ACTION : Created APP: I2C_MASTER [4.1.30]-->http://resources/4.1.30/app/I2C_MASTER/0

!ENTRY DAVE CE 4 0 2020-10-28 12:28:17.767
!MESSAGE

***START of Exception Info***
Execution of solver query timed out
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.solver.ProxySolver.handleTimeout(ProxySolver.java:486)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.solver.ProxySolver.processCmpdTermResult(ProxySolver.java:460)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.solver.ProxySolver.executeQuery(ProxySolver.java:425)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.solver.ProxySolver.sendQuery(ProxySolver.java:260)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.solver.SolverManager.getSolution(SolverManager.java:155)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.getSolution(ResourceManager.java:923)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.getSolverInfoAndProcess(ResourceManager.java:996)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.getSolutionFromSolver(ResourceManager.java:1175)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.possibleCheck(ResourceManager.java:352)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.callSolver(ResourceManager.java:879)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.createApp(ResourceManager.java:720)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager.access$2(ResourceManager.java:651)
com.ifx.davex.ce.core.resource.mngts.ResourceManager$2$1.run(ResourceManager.java:612)
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:119)
***END of Exception Info***
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Which device are you using?
0 Likes