infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't add CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 app instance

Beginner Beginner JimLu is on a distinguished road

Can't add CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 app instance

I am using Dave 4 version 4.4.2. I got a Dave 4 project and opened it with Dave. I can see that there is a CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 in the App Dependency view. Then I created a project and tried add a
    CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 app instance to the project, In the Add New App Window I typed CMSIS_RTOS/CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5/RTX5, in search filter, only CMSIS_RTOS [4.0.4] and CMSIS_RTOS_RTX [4.0.22]
    shown up and I created the instance and found that they are not CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 instance.

Not sure if I have to install a RTX5 library or I missed something in my project include path?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

You should instantiate CMSIS_RTOS. In the configuration UI of the CMSIS_RTOS, you can select between several implementations one of them being CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Jesus,

Thanks for your quick reply

Following your instructions, I selected CMSIS_RTOS[4.04] and created an instance.

When I opened Configure App Instance window, from the pullup list, I can see one implementation, Keil RTX, and no other choice.
    Please see the attached picture.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CMSIS1.JPG
Views:	0
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	5231

Regards,

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

Apparently you are not using the latest version of the CMSIS RTOS, i.e. v4.0.6. You should upgrade your APPs. In DAVE4, Help>Install DAVE APP/Example/Device LIbrary.... then select Work with: DAVE APPs Library Manager. You should then get a list of APPs for which an upgrade is found.

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Can't add CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 app instance

Hi Jesus,

Thank you very much. The problem is fixed.

+ Reply to Thread