Can't add CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 app instance

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20030
Level 1
Level 1
I am using Dave 4 version 4.4.2. I got a Dave 4 project and opened it with Dave. I can see that there is a CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 in the App Dependency view. Then I created a project and tried add a
CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 app instance to the project, In the Add New App Window I typed CMSIS_RTOS/CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5/RTX5, in search filter, only CMSIS_RTOS [4.0.4] and CMSIS_RTOS_RTX [4.0.22]
shown up and I created the instance and found that they are not CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5 instance.

Not sure if I have to install a RTX5 library or I missed something in my project include path?

Your help is highly appreciated.
0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

You should instantiate CMSIS_RTOS. In the configuration UI of the CMSIS_RTOS, you can select between several implementations one of them being CMSIS_RTOS_RTX5

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User20030
Level 1
Level 1
Jesus,

Thanks for your quick reply

Following your instructions, I selected CMSIS_RTOS[4.04] and created an instance.

When I opened Configure App Instance window, from the pullup list, I can see one implementation, Keil RTX, and no other choice.
Please see the attached picture.
4729.attach

Regards,
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Apparently you are not using the latest version of the CMSIS RTOS, i.e. v4.0.6. You should upgrade your APPs. In DAVE4, Help>Install DAVE APP/Example/Device LIbrary.... then select Work with: DAVE APPs Library Manager. You should then get a list of APPs for which an upgrade is found.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User20030
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Jesus,

Thank you very much. The problem is fixed.
0 Likes