CPU doesn't run after HARR for TC397 chip

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
Hi everybody,
I have one more question for you concerning the TC397 chip.
I use DAP interface to BMHD programming and my application downoaling to PFLASH, I can properly program BMHD in UCB_ORIG and UCB_COPY for BMHD0 and after the reset SSW successfully recognize it and sets BMHD state like UNLOCKED. Then CPU goes to HARR state. But when I try to unhalt CPU, it doesn't start and infinitely stay on the constant PC address 0xA00024f4 (my application start address).
May be I have to change confiration state to CONFIRMED? If yes, How can I do it? HWCFG[3]..[5] are in "1".
0 Likes
2 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The described behavior has nothing to do with the BMHD. Don't set the BMHD to CONFIRMED otherwise it will be more complicated to reprogram the BMHD.
From my point of view there is a breakpoint with break before make set on the start address from the startup software. this breakpoint must be clear before you unhalt the CPU.
Which debugger you use?
0 Likes
User18665
Level 3
Level 3
MoD wrote:
The described behavior has nothing to do with the BMHD. Don't set the BMHD to CONFIRMED otherwise it will be more complicated to reprogram the BMHD.
From my point of view there is a breakpoint with break before make set on the start address from the startup software. this breakpoint must be clear before you unhalt the CPU.
Which debugger you use?

Our company designed programmer board for most of chips including the Tricore Aurix family. I use this programmer for debugging (through the DAP IF).
Thanks a lot for breakpoint idea. I'll try to check.
0 Likes