Dflash in Flash programming Kit TC397 - Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20254
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
I have been debugging the sample code for flash programming Kit - TC397, It's been noticed that the data written to a sector in dflash0 is being duplicated in 3 different areas in the same sector.
For eg: I have written 14 bytes of data into sector 3, Data is written from 0xAF003000 to 0xAF003030 and a duplication of data is observed in
AF0030A0 to 0xAF0030D0
0xAF003140 to 0xAF003170

I have tried changing the length also but seems to be repeated.

May I know what could be the reason behind this? Should I change any parameters or configurations or is this a bug?

Thankyou in advance.
0 Likes
4 Replies
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hello Aiswarya,

I checked the code example Flash_Programming_1_KIT_TC397_TFT but i cannot reproduce your behaviour, I see that 64 Bytes are written in the DFlash but i cannot see any duplication in other areas.
Did you changed the code in any way? How are you reading data in memory?

teoBits
0 Likes
User20254
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Hello TeoBits,

Thank you for your time.

Initially I have modified it for the application specific changes and later when I came across this issue, I have taken a fresh copy of Flash programming kit without any code
changes and verified the WriteDataFlash() which is writing some default data into 8 pages by default. Please find the attachments for the same.

4703.attach
4704.attach
4705.attach

I am using Aurix IDE inbuilt debugger. Could it be a debugger issue?

Thanks & Regards,
Aiswarya
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue, this is a bug of the Memory View of the debugger, it has been reported and will be analyzed soon. Anyway, reading the memory from the device with an external tool, those areas are not written and contains 0x00000000.

BR,
teoBits
0 Likes
User20254
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Thankyou for quick response.
I will verify with external debugger until the bug is resolved.
0 Likes