Raw Data of POSITION2GO

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20244
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hi Infineon Community,

I've been trying to detect the target from raw data by my own code from POSITION2GO.
However, I'm facing some confusions for conducting FFT on the raw data.
I need some assistance or advice on following problems to make sure that my code working well.
1. Is the raw data a de-chirp signal?
2. What is the sampling frequency for raw data?
3. Does the sampling frequency for raw data change based on the number of samples per chirp which is a controllable parameter?
if so, isn't it insufficient to represent the whole signal regarding maximum range or bandwidth? This question is intended to determine the frequency resolution for analyzing FFT result.
I would appreciate any other advice on writing the code for target detection.

Thank you
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hello Dory,

Please find below answers to your questions:

Yes, it’s a down mix signal.

Sampling frequency for FMCW (units in Hz) is set via the following define (refer to config.h) :
#define FMCW_SAMPLING_FREQ_HZ ****(100000000/ ((CHIRP_TIME_USEC *100) / SAMPLES_PER_CHIRP))
You can also refer to the radar_get_sampling_freq() under radar_api.h file to get the ADC Sampling frequency in Hz.

3. Does the sampling frequency for raw data change based on the number of samples per chirp which is a controllable parameter?
Yes, FMCW_SAMPLING_FREQ_HZ depends on the SAMPLES_PER_CHIRP.

Hope that helps and clarifies things...

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 5 questions asked 250 sign-ins
Hello Dory,

Please find below answers to your questions:

Yes, it’s a down mix signal.

Sampling frequency for FMCW (units in Hz) is set via the following define (refer to config.h) :
#define FMCW_SAMPLING_FREQ_HZ ****(100000000/ ((CHIRP_TIME_USEC *100) / SAMPLES_PER_CHIRP))
You can also refer to the radar_get_sampling_freq() under radar_api.h file to get the ADC Sampling frequency in Hz.

Yes, FMCW_SAMPLING_FREQ_HZ depends on the SAMPLES_PER_CHIRP.

Hope that helps and clarifies things...

Cheers,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
Hi,

I was wondering how do I know how many frames are there in 1 second? I am using the Matlab Interface and the data are understandably as a function of frames. How can i interpret the data as a function of time (seconds) instead? My configs are as follow: 32 Chirps Per Frame, 64 Samples Per Chirp, 150ms Frame Interval. Does this mean that in 1 second there are (1/150ms = 6.666) frames?
0 Likes