Using DEMOPOSITION2GO to measure speed

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
Hello Infineon Community,

Newbie here. I am currently working on a school project with an objective of measuring the instantaneous sprint speed of athletes (up to a distance of 10m). I have just purchased the P2G Board for this purpose
and I have the following 2 queries:

1. I noticed that under the "DSP Settings" in the Radar GUI, the max speed allowed is only 20km/h. Is there a way to increase this? From my understanding in the Application Notes provided, the max speed
allowed for this P2G board is 36km/h, right?
2. When I tried to change this value to 20km/h, it prompted me the following error: [TargetDetectionEndpoint] call 'writeDspSettingsToDevice' returned error code: 0x000C

Any pointers on the abovementioned issues are greatly appreciated. I apologize for these basic questions as I am completely new to this. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hi ZiqZaq,

Yes, max detection speed value will be 20km/h as already available in current Radar GUI version...
System specification values will be updated in the P2G AN (max Speed to 20km/h).

Best Regards,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hello ZiqZac,

Can you please provide the following information:
- Which Radar GUI version are you using ?
- With which FW is the Position2Go board flashed ? You can read that in the status bar left side of the Radar GUI.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Montassar,

Thanks for your reply. Currently, I'm using
Radar GUI version: 2.0.0.2
FW: v1.0.3

Somehow after restarting my pc and flashing the P2G_FMCW.hex again, I can adjust the max speed to 20km/h. I'm not sure why the status bar in the Radar GUI shows my FW is v1.0.3
when my Firmware_Software file is v1.0.4. Am I flashing it wrongly?
Also, if I would like to create a simple UI to show some parameters like the speed in km/h, speed in m/s, polar plot (same as the one provided in the Radar GUI now), total time elapsed,
average speed), are there any pointers for newbies like me to go about doing it? Thanks again!
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hi ZiqZac,

You are not wrong. The FW versioning is different from the whole package versioning...
FW version changes only when there is a change on the FW itself, otherwise package version changes when an item within the whole package changes...

To implement your own UI to show radar parameters you can use to the defined endpoints of the Radar host communication protocol.
Please refer to 24GHz Radar Tools and Development Environment User Manual Chapter 4.

Some examples on how to use the ComLib are available under folder \Firmware_Software\Communication Library of your extracted package.

@ZiqZac please keep an eye out for next AN update, Speed value will be updated to the right values.
Note that MAX Speed value for P2G_FMCW is around 20km/h and not 36km/h

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Montassar,

Is there any news regarding the next GUI update? Do you mean that the Position2Go Board can only detect speeds of up to 20km/h only and not 36km/h?
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hi ZiqZaq,

Yes, max detection speed value will be 20km/h as already available in current Radar GUI version...
System specification values will be updated in the P2G AN (max Speed to 20km/h).

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes