TC387 dld file for diab linker

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm currently working on a project that requires compiling a c software using the wind river diab compiler for Aurix TC387.
I've managed to create a project using the aurix development studio which created a "Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl" file which is a linker script file for another compiler.
I'm trying to find a "dld" file which configures the linker for the TC387.
Currently I've only managed to find this file which is a dld file for another TC version (it's a dld file, don't mind the extention):
https://github.com/realsosy/InfineonRacer/blob/master/src/_MyiLLDFramework_TC23A/1_ToolEnv/0_Build/1...

Does anyone have such file or can point to a direction of how to obtain it?

Thanks!
0 Likes
8 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Please see folder:
https://myicp.infineon.com/sites/microcontrollers-aurix_customer_doc/Lists/defaultdoclib/Forms/AllIt...
There is the demo project for the Application Kit with TC387. This project contains a valid linker file for Windriver. Maybe the file can help.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
The link is redirecting to a signup that doesn't work.
Can you describe how to find it is I start here: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/

Thanks!
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
There's a Lcf_Dcc_TriCore_Tc.lsl that comes with the Base Framework package for the TC38A - see attached.

To sign up for a MyICP account, and scroll down to the bit that says "Access to complete AURIX™ technical documentation including data sheets, app notes, etc.":
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/32-bit-tricor...
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot! It seems to be the correct file, it fixes the linker errors and it is very similar to the Tasking compiler lsl file I have.
I've sent an email as stated in the "Access to complete Aurix ..." section and looked trhough the instructions, but it seems like the website changed and the pdf doesn't reflect the changes.
I will wait for the email reply with the registration instructions
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
UC_wrangler wrote:
There's a Lcf_Dcc_TriCore_Tc.lsl that comes with the Base Framework package for the TC38A - see attached.

To sign up for a MyICP account, and scroll down to the bit that says "Access to complete AURIX™ technical documentation including data sheets, app notes, etc.":
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/32-bit-tricor...

The file you provided and the "Lcf_Tasking_Tricore_Tc.lsl" are very similar, but when I try to link I get out of memory errors:

dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 589: Cannot allocate 0x00050a00 bytes of memory for 'group .data,.bss,.bss_noClear,.heap'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 589: error: Memory area 'dsram0' is full
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
You have 330K datas, the DSPR don't have this size. What you can do is to set different variables in a specific ram. This can be done in the code or in the linker script file. Check your variable which needs such many memory. Maybe you can also reduce the size of some arrays.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
MoD wrote:
You have 330K datas, the DSPR don't have this size. What you can do is to set different variables in a specific ram. This can be done in the code or in the linker script file. Check your variable which needs such many memory. Maybe you can also reduce the size of some arrays.

Thanks, I found the issue that was causing the out of memory.

Now the linker works but it spits up a lot of warnings which I'm not sure if they are important:

dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 178: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*(.interface_const)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 211: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Ifx_Ssw_Tc3.*(.zdata)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 212: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Cpu3_Main.*(.zdata)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 213: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*(.zdata_cpu3)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 217: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Ifx_Ssw_Tc3.*(.zbss)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 218: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Cpu3_Main.*(.zbss)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 219: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*(.zbss_cpu3)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 227: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Ifx_Ssw_Tc2.*(.zdata)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 228: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Cpu2_Main.*(.zdata)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 229: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*(.zdata_cpu2)'
dld: ".\Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld", line 233: warning: Cannot find matching input sections for '*Ifx_Ssw_Tc2.*(.zbss)'
0 Likes
User22318
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I am looking for the "Lcf_Dcc_Tricore_Tc.dld" for my Aurix-397.
Can you supply that?
0 Likes