Aurix Development Studio bugged beyond repair

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20005
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 5 questions asked Welcome!
Hi,

When are you planning on updating Aurix IDE and fixing all thousands of UI bugs??

The thing keeps freezing and I have to keep restarting the software. In 8 work hours I need to restart it at least 10 times.
Debug window with live expressions and variables is completely broken, the thing might show your variables if its a good day and planets are aligned properly. Any other day it just displays empty strings for names and values.
Debugger window likes to randomly freeze to the point where you have to forcefuly close it the whole IDE.
Adding "too" many breakpoints fucks with instructions being fed to CPU, seemingly executing random instructions.
CDT indexer is aslo broken: "type uint32_t could not be resolved" for all variables.
Sometimes CORE1 gets started randomly.
Build will freeze at 31% if your code does not fit in FLASH without any other message. WTF?

And a whole lot more. The thing as it is isnt even usable for hobby projects without getting anuerism every day.
Thanks and have a great day.
0 Likes
5 Replies
enrico_b
Employee
Employee
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored
Hello, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with the AURIX Development Studio.

We are sorry to hear about your experience, and we would like to try to help you.
Some of the problems you listed are already known, and we are already working to solve them.
Some other issues you are mentioning are new to us (CDT indexer, compiler), and we would like to have more details if you agree to provide them.
- Which AURIX Development Studio version are you using?
- Would it be possible to have the project which is causing the issue?

Thanks,
kind regards
Enrico
0 Likes
User20005
Level 2
Level 2
Thanks and sorry for the late reply.

I am using Aurix IDE Version: 1.2.0 Build id: 20200617-1233.
CDT indexer unerlines every uint8_t, uint16_t uint32_t, all typedefs that are part of stdint. The code still compiles but its annoying looking at 15 errors when really they are not there (look at the picture).
About 31% issue. In .lsl file I've changed mapping of pflash0 such that only 0x80000000 to 0x80020000 are mapped and visible. Then changed vector table addresses such that they spaned last visible addresses. When I tried to compile code, due to not having enough free pflash0 memory the build froze at 31% without giving any messages or errors.
0 Likes
enrico_b
Employee
Employee
Hi, thanks for the details.

Another question from my side regarding the uintX probem: you did include the , I guess?

Thank you
Regards
0 Likes
User20005
Level 2
Level 2
Of course, otherwise the code would not compile.
0 Likes
enrico_b
Employee
Employee
Good morning,

we released the version 1.2.4 of AURIX Development Studio, which fixes some of the issues you reported, in particular the random freeze of the debugger and the expression visualization.
The fix for the issue with the indexer and the stdio.h include will be released in the next version.

Thank you for your support.
Kind regards
Enrico
0 Likes