infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Banner_EconoPack-2_3-232x232 Banner_Easy_Power-Modules-232x232 Easy-with-Trenchstop-igbt7-232x232 Banner_Thermal-Interface-Material-232x232 Banner_IGBT-Modules_64_32_mm-232x232

Closed Thread

Thread: Case Temp vs. Efficiency for IGBT Module

New Member New Member acosenze is on a distinguished road

Case Temp vs. Efficiency for IGBT Module

What is the relationship between case temperature (or interface temp between the IGBT module and the cooling module) and the overall efficiency of of the inverter? I'm working with the HybridPACK 2 module (FS800R07A2E3_B31) and I'd like to know if there is an appreciable efficiency gain if I can drop the case temp by providing better cooling?Infineon-FS800R07A2E3_B31-DS-v03_01-en_de-776460.pdf

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Giuseppe De Falco is on a distinguished road
    Hi acosenze,
    as this is a topic for IGBT power modules, I have moved your question to the right section of the forum.

Best Regards,
    Giuseppe
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    IGBT Wizzard is on a distinguished road
    Dear acosenze,
    raising the operation temperature is always a very effective measure to increase the performance of an IGBT module. As a rule of thumb, you can e.g. achieve roughly 20-25% more output current, if you are able to lower the case temperature and by this increase the junction temperature by 25K.
    Of course, the exact values need verification by simulation. Please check our simulation program IPOSIM for such a calculation
    https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/tool...ng/iposim.html
    Best regards
    IGBT Wizzard
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Closed Thread