TLF35584 TC234 WWD application - device not going into normal mode

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20083
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
I swear you guys at infineon have made life unnecessarily difficult. Why can't I find a single working example with the TLF?

I am following the AP32342 app note on the tc234 application kit v1.0

I have spi comms up and running and the TLF communicating with the tc234. I need to be able to refresh the WWD (not interested in FWD) periodically. Following is the code I have used to set this up :

// Send unlock sequence 
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_UNLOCK1), &spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_UNLOCK2), &spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_UNLOCK3), &spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_UNLOCK4), &spiMasterRxBuffer);

TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_SYSPCFG0, 0x01U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Default value
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_SYSPCFG1, 0x08U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // [3] ERREN=1 (Enable ERR input monitor)
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_WDCFG0, 0x9AU), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // [3] WWDEN=1,[2] FWDEN=0, [1] WWDTSEL=1 (aka SPI), [0] WDCYC=0 (aka WDCYC=0.1ms)
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_WWDCFG0, 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Close window CW = (0+1)*50*0.1ms = 5ms
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_WWDCFG1, 0x01U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Open window OW = (1+1)*50*0.1ms = 10ms

// Send lock sequence
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_LOCK1), &spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_LOCK2), &spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_LOCK3), &spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_PROTCFG,TLF_LOCK4), &spiMasterRxBuffer);

TIMEOUT_USEC_Start(60U);

// Refresh watchdog first call
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_WWDSCMD, 0x00U),&spiMasterRxBuffer);

// Go to normal state
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_INITERR, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 21. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_OTFAIL, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 22. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_OTWRNSF, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 23. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_MONSF0, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 24. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_MONSF1, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 25. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_MONSF2, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 26. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_MONSF3, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 27. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_SPISF, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 28. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_WKSF, 0xFFU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 29. Clear any error
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_DEVCTRL, 0xFAU),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 30. Go to NORMAL and wait the State transition time ttr = 100us
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_DEVCTRLN,0x05U),&spiMasterRxBuffer); // 31. Inverted Go to NORMAL and wait the State transition time ttr = 100us

// Wait for recommended 100us for registers to set
TIMEOUT_USEC_Start(100U);

// Second service call
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_WRITE(TLF_ADDR_WWDSCMD, 0x01U),&spiMasterRxBuffer);

// registers to set
TIMEOUT_USEC_Start(100U);

// Here, Read back above protected registers and confirm if configured accurately FIXME
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_SYSFAIL , 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_SYSFAIL = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_IF , 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_IF = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_SYSSF , 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_SYSSF = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_WWDSTAT , 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_WWDSTAT = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);

TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_RSYSPCFG0, 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_RSYSPCFG0 = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_RSYSPCFG1, 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_RSYSPCFG1 = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_RWDCFG0, 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_RWDCFG0 = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_RWWDCFG0, 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_RWWDCFG0 = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_RWWDCFG1, 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_RWWDCFG1 = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);
TLF_SPI_Exchange(TLF_ENCODE_TX_READ(TLF_ADDR_DEVSTAT , 0x00U), &spiMasterRxBuffer); // Read status
stat_DEVSTAT = (uint8_t) TLF_DECODE_RX(spiMasterRxBuffer);

The TLF refuses to go into NORMAL mode. The status errors I get are as follows:

DEVSTAT : 0xF9 (still in init mode)
WWDSTAT : 0x03
IF: : 0x01
SYSSF :0x02

The device stays in init mode even if I ask it to go to another mode. Above errors pop up immediately after first watchdog service call

What am I missing?
0 Likes
3 Replies
User20083
Level 3
Level 3
if i disable the "execute commands on rset" option (turning off the workaround for tlf reset), should the board automatically reset on POR cuz of the tlf and stay in reset loop?
0 Likes
User20083
Level 3
Level 3
Setting TLF_ADDR_SYSPCFG0 to 0 instead of 1 solved the issue. Little information is available in the manual/datasheet as to why
0 Likes
User22269
Level 1
Level 1
After setting SYSPCFG0 to 0 I can not connect to my KIT_A2G_TC334_5V_TRB_S anymore.
My program sets SYSPCFG0 to zero a start causing the complete board to shut down.
I can not connect to it in any way.... 😞
0 Likes