Demo Position2Go Board

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20244
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hello,
I'm working with P2Go board, and I have the following questions:

1. I get processed data from the radars using the EndpointTargetDetection.c API. However, the values for elevation, azimuth speed and elevation speed are coming as zeroes. Are these parameters not currently supported? If not, how do I get data for these parameters?
2. Using the C communication API, is it possible to simultaneously record the raw data and processed data? Any pointers on how to do it?
3. If tracking is enabled and MTI filter is not enabled, does the radar still report static targets? Or are these two parameters related?
4. What is the appropriate orientation in which the radar should be kept—is it the horizontal placement with the two receivers aligned at the top? If this is the radar orientation, if a reflecting object is kept directly in front of it, should the angle reported be close to zero?

Thanks,
Fisher
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hi Fisher,

Please find below answers to your questions:
1. Please refer to the Target_Info_t struct listing the content of target data dealing with (elevation_speed, azimuth_speed, elevation)
2. As its name indicates, the Communication Library is developed to transfer data and not record it. User can user RADAR GUI and Recording Options to get raw/time/frequency/target info.
3. Enable tracking option will track the moving objects and provides a view of the motion of moving targets. Static targets will not be visible with Tracking Enable after 20 frames. MTI (Moving Target Indication) Filter is used to filter out static targets, and it’s a pre-processing step. Detected static targets magnitude is reduced through time till being below the detection threshold. These two parameters are not related.
4. The appropriate orientation which the radar should be kept is shown as below. Angle measurement for such corner case depends on the target object (corner reflector, wall, human…), otherwise minimum distance for P2G devices is 90cm.
4631.attach

Cheers,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hi Fisher,

Please find below answers to your questions:
1. Please refer to the Target_Info_t struct listing the content of target data dealing with (elevation_speed, azimuth_speed, elevation)
2. As its name indicates, the Communication Library is developed to transfer data and not record it. User can user RADAR GUI and Recording Options to get raw/time/frequency/target info.
3. Enable tracking option will track the moving objects and provides a view of the motion of moving targets. Static targets will not be visible with Tracking Enable after 20 frames. MTI (Moving Target Indication) Filter is used to filter out static targets, and it’s a pre-processing step. Detected static targets magnitude is reduced through time till being below the detection threshold. These two parameters are not related.
4. The appropriate orientation which the radar should be kept is shown as below. Angle measurement for such corner case depends on the target object (corner reflector, wall, human…), otherwise minimum distance for P2G devices is 90cm.
4631.attach

Cheers,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First reply posted First question asked
Hi Montassar,

I would like to confirm the orientation of the P2G Board. As shown in the photo you have attached, the back of the board is facing the intended target right?
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hi ZiqZac,

Exactly, the back of the board containing the antennas should face the intended target to detect.

Cheers,
Montassar.
0 Likes
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
The breakable debugger board at the bottom with the back of the board facing the intended target right? Just wanted to be sure. Thanks again!
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hello ZiqZac,

Exactly. As already shown in the Figure above (see my first reply).

Cheers,
Montassar
0 Likes
User20375
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks again Montassar, just wanted to be sure. Cheers! 🙂
0 Likes