Impossible to power Up Aurix TC3XX

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20237
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First reply posted
Hello,

I'm using TLF35584 and TC3XX.
The main power supply of TC3XX comes from QUC of TLF. In standby mode of TC3XX, it is supplied by QST (LDO_Stby) .
When I configured the PMIC to disable the QST then I can not anymore control the Aurix uC. The SS1 pin is LOW, that means that PMIC is in FAILSAFE mode!
Do you have any idea about the impact of QST on Aurix uC?
Thanks!
0 Likes
7 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
This depends of your used board. On TriBoard there is QST connected to VEVRSB and without this voltage the AURIX don't work.
0 Likes
User20237
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you for your answer.
In my board, QST is connected directly and only to VEVRSB .
As far as I know this pin VEVRSB is needed only in standby mode. Is that correct?
If not, could you please tell me where can I find this information ?
Thanks!
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
As MoD stated, the VEVRSB supply is always required no matter what mode you operate in.
0 Likes
User20237
Level 1
Level 1
cwunder wrote:
As MoD stated, the VEVRSB supply is always required no matter what mode you operate in.

Thank you for your answer.
For me I still have a doubt because he said:
This depends of your used board.
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
If you review the user's manual section PMS then you will see the operating requirements.

4636.attach

Here are the voltage conditions if you want to have the AURIX in Standby depending on if you want the power rail VEXT powered or not (assuming 5V supply)..
4637.attach
0 Likes
User20237
Level 1
Level 1
cwunder wrote:
If you review the user's manual section PMS then you will see the operating requirements.

4636.attach

Here are the voltage conditions if you want to have the AURIX in Standby depending on if you want the power rail VEXT powered or not (assuming 5V supply)..
4637.attach

It's clear now! Thank you very much.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
This depends on your board because it is possible that you don't have connected VEVRSB to QST. But now it is clear.
0 Likes