PWM Interrupt not always being generated

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15898
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All,

I am having some issues with an interrupt not always being generated on a project I’m working on.

The interrupt should be generated on the period match of a CCU4 that is started once a request via comms has been received.
Most of the time it runs fine however sometimes the events are very delayed in being generated (20 seconds or so, it’s not repeatable).

When the interrupt isn't being generated I have checked the PWM is being started using the TCSET register.

The interrupt has the highest priority, is enabled and it is not pending. So I’m leaning more towards it being a CCU4 issue.

Any suggestions on what to try next would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ryan
0 Likes
1 Reply
User15898
Level 1
Level 1
After some more testing this morning it definitely looks CCU4 related.

A little more info... I'm concatenating two CCU4 slices to create a 32 bit timer. I'm then generating an interrupt on the period match while counting up.

I have been checking the PR register and the correct values are being loaded. However when the issue arises and the interrupt is not being generated
the TIMER value of the second slice is greater than the value I have loaded into the period register. This doesn't seem right to me?
0 Likes