SPOC +2 (BTS71220-4ESA) current sense from multiplex

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User20249
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hi,

I am trying to use the BTS71220-4ESA to drive 4 loads and read current sense feedback using IS however I am unable to use multiplex functionality properly.

My project requires me to switch between 4 loads and measure their current however when I monitor the current output from IS pin, it seems to be indepenent of my DCR.MUX register setting.
For example, it still shows me load for Out 0 when I select Out 1 using my mux setting.

Swapnil
0 Likes
1 Reply
Vishnu_Nambrath
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

Sorry for the delayed response.

I hope you are reading the OUT_0 current properly.

This can be verified by varying the current @OUT_0, Corresponding variation should be observed in the ADC line connected to IS pin.

If this is working “Multiplexer Configuration is in ON state”. In this case, you should be able to switch the channels to IS pin.

Please also check the time delay involved in the IS pin during channel switch over is met.

• DCR.MUX settings in OFF state and ON state

Vishnu_Nambrath_0-1644574887141.png

• Delay on IS pin from channel selection from high impedance state and channel to channel is shown below

Vishnu_Nambrath_1-1644574887145.png

• Delay on IS pin together with channel selection and load current is shown below.

Vishnu_Nambrath_2-1644574887149.png

Regards 

Vishnu Nambrath

0 Likes