TLE9877 - Custom board , APP not working after Hard reset.

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19995
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

In our project, we are using TLE9877 integrated to our ECU (Electronic Control Unit) to spin BLDC motor.
To flash our ECU, we are using Jlink probe (SWD mode) from segger. We have created a new keil project for TLE9877, configuration of peripherals is done using Config wizard.

Below the description of the issue:
When we flash the ECU and the JLINK probe is still connect, App is working.(current 3mA)
When we flash the ECU and disconnect the JLINK probe ,App is working.(current 3mA)

When we disconnect the JLINK probe and APP is working . Then we switch off the power supply and switch on again the App not working.(hard reset by shutting down power supply) (current 2mA)
This issue not observed on TLE9879 eval kit
Could you please help support us to identify the problem as we have demo to customer.

APP working status checked by LIN log.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Mc-Key
Employee
Employee
Welcome!
Hello,

It is an very old post, but this hint is probably helpfull to someone else.

It sounds like a problem with the watchdog.
In debug mode, the watchdog is disabled, which causes the software to run properly.
If you hot disconnect the debug interface, the chip is still in debug mode and the watchdog remains disabled.
After a hard reset, the chip enters normal mode with enabled watchdog.
If the window watchdog is not served properly, it will reset the device periodically.

Quick fix:
Include the (void)WDT1_Service(); function more often in your code.
Proper fix:
Calculate execution time of every active function and plan your watchdog trigger calls based on your calculations.
0 Likes
iamprt
Level 4
Level 4
10 questions asked First like received 50 sign-ins

I am also facing the same issue, but I use UIO stick to load the hex file.

How to fix the issue when I am unable to connect the chip again to my BSL tool through UIO stick?

In love with Power Electronics and its applications.
0 Likes