Up to date XMC1400 documentations for bmi and memtool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi,
I've been working with XMC1400 boot kit and processor at least 2 years now and I had trouble with memtool almost every single time.
Before getting into details I'd like to know is are there any proper documents for BMI stuff or Memtool. I found some but there are from 2016 and doesn't contain xmc1400.
Thanks,
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi

What problems do you face?

The latest version of IFX memtool is located at https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Memtool-DevelopmentTools-v04_82-EN.exe?fileId=5546d462518ffd8...
This tutorial shows the functionality https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TOOL_Tutorial_Memtool_XMC1x00_v2.0-GS-v02_00-EN.pdf?fileId=55...
Although it does not describe the XMC1400, the same applies to it. The XMC1400 adds a few more boot modes. Check the reference manual.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
ipek
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 10 questions asked
Hi,

I had a long post in here before but I deleted it because it was too long and elaborate and no one was answering.

I've been using memtool with XMCLink since 2019 and neither me, nor my team we think this is a reliable tool. Maybe its not the tool, its us or the PC we are using or some other thing I don't know. But we've spent so many hours and couldn't get a solid procedure that includes Memtool..

All I wanted was, load application to our so many amount of custom made pcbs(having xmc1400 mcu on them).
Since there are so many boards, I need to automatize the procedure and hand over it to some other divison to perform this on a regular basis.
In that divison people are not engineers and they are familiar with these concepts. So this procedure shall be as simple and solid and quick as possible. Simplicity level shall be like "with one click"
But I couldn't even find a reliable, "always working" way to even make this mcu debugable. I consider so many other options but all of them passes trough this BMI stuff!

So since I am not getting any answers in here, I tried to contanct SEGGER. Here is the post with some actual answers(!): https://forum.segger.com/index.php/Thread/7770-ChanginG-BMI-of-XMC1400-from-ASC-BSL-to-SWD0/?postID=...
If you read that post, you'll see that in Alex's second answer he mentioned that maybe it is possible to change the BMI by using XMCLink with script but I have to "sort that out with Infineon". So infineon, can we sort this out? Is there a way to change the BMI and maybe load an application to the mcu with one script?

Probably I will get no answers in here and proceed with SEGGER's expensive tool. But before that, here I am, for the last time to try my changes on this matter.
I am quite sure that I will get nothing or another old document at most.

Bests,
İpek
0 Likes