[AURIX 2G]Example code to use the LCD XGA Display in the KIT_A2G_TC397XA_TFT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
Hello everyone,
I'm working with the KIT_A2G_TC397XA_TFT and i'm wondering if there any code example to work with the LCD XGA Display, i have used one from the HighTec Development Plataform example but it seems it doesn't work well after a Cold (initial) power-on reset.
Thanks for your attention!
0 Likes
7 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Make sure that you have programmed a valid BMHD with your used reset address. Look in the debugger which value the PC contains.
0 Likes
User18307
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
MoD wrote:
Make sure that you have programmed a valid BMHD with your used reset address. Look in the debugger which value the PC contains.

Hi, thanks for answering!
I have not change the BMHD address from the example I started from, everything else in project works as expected after a cold reset except for the LCD screen.
Where can I found information about how to change the BMHD in order to solve this issue?
Thanks for the help!
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
I expected that the complete project not work after cold reset but you wrote only the LCD don't work. Therefore I expect that there is no problem with the BMHD.
You can find a running demo code here (including LCD):
https://myicp.infineon.com/sites/microcontrollers-aurix_customer_doc/Lists/MyICP%20Customer%20Docume...
0 Likes
User21242
Level 1
Level 1
Hi MoD
Could you share me the example?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
Please see here for registration on myicp, then you can download it from there:
https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-tricore-microcontroller/32-bit-tricor...
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Hi alexhuang,

hopefully you did some steps forward since last post.
I did some equal experiments with the same result. You can literally manipulate
the whole display but if you restart the application, the pixels are sometimes not what they are supposed to be.
This could be also an issue with the timing during communication between the AURIX and the also mounted FPGA or
it could be an issue with the implementation inside the FPGA itself.

From the AURIX programming point of view, you could only search for the display interface implementation and look
for possible timing issues. Maybe you could also investigate it by using a scope. If there is an issue, you should easily find it.

Maybe you could also delay the display output a little bit until all cores are working properly and maybe also wait until the FPGA is up and running.
It could be possible that the FPGA is not waiting for the AURIX to be ready, and grabs therefore whatever is on the line during startup.

Lot of possibilities 😉

I think all this is a matter of implementation. You should not be afraid of asking HighTec directly, if it comes to implementation details regarding AURIX/FPGA communication.

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes
TBencher
Level 6
Level 6
25 solutions authored 25 likes received 5 questions asked
Here you can find a customized demo output of the kit.

[video]https://youtu.be/2UquPMui9og[/video]

Regards,

Jens
0 Likes