System PLL configuration

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
5 likes given 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins
Do AURIX TC3xx has any in-built progressive clock switching for PLL’s ? or should this be handled in the application SW ?

By progressive clock switching, I mean switching PLL to target frequency in incremental steps, rather than a single big step.
When switching to high frequencies (300Mhz) a sudden ramp up of the PLL clock could increase power consumption leading to voltage drops on the power-supplies, this becomes critical especially during low 12V due to cold conditions.

I would like to use the automatic/built-In feature if available instead of implementing it in the application SW.
0 Likes
5 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
There's nothing built in. The MCAL and iLLD both have examples of ramping the K2 divider up. A 50 us delay in between steps avoids power dropouts.
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
UC_wrangler wrote:
There's nothing built in. The MCAL and iLLD both have examples of ramping the K2 divider up. A 50 us delay in between steps avoids power dropouts.

Hello,

Can you please provide the example codes which you are referring to ? I don't have access to MCAL or iLLD, from where can i get these examples ?
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
You can download the iLLDs and Demos from myicp.infineon.com in the software documentation section
I expect that you have already access to myicp.
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
For the MCAL, see src/Mcu.c, Mcu_lSwitchToDesiredFreq().

For the iLLD, see scu/std/IfxScuCcu.h, IfxScuCcu_distributeClockInline().
0 Likes
nsyed
Level 5
Level 5
Thank you so much , Appreciate your help.
0 Likes