IMC102T-F064: configure UART node address

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4
First solution authored 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins
Hello,

I will evaluate the IMC102T-F064 with eval board.
Then I have a question:

How select the wanted node address?
Is it
- by configuration with pc software like motor parameter? => I not seen any parameter for this
- By GPIO pin selection? (Not seen dedicated pin)
- Otehr?

Thank
0 Likes
4 Replies
dakh_4791506
Employee
Employee
First like received First solution authored
The UART Node Address can be entered in MCEWizard, Q17.
0 Likes
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4
Hello,

Thank for this feedback.

I must design a solution to control a motor. THe sytem can have many board of this type. There are all linked on the same RS485 bus.
So each board should ave a different Node ID.

Into the SOftware Reference Manual V1.3 2020-4-26:
§3 "Register Descritpion" p104:

There are two types of parameters used in MCE:
* STATIC : These type of parameters only can be modified/configured from MCEWizard and read from
MCEDesigner
* DYNAMIC: These types of parameters can be modified/configured from MCEWizard and read/ write from
MCEDesigner

Table p113:
App ID = 1 ; Index = 72; Name = NodeAddress ; Type = STATIC; Description = Node Address

Is the only solution is to have 15 differents configurations to program them with MCEDesigner?
If we use a gang programmer, can we change this node before program it?

But I think the better solution is to have "Dip switch" on the board, then the CPU must get the code given by these Dip switch to use it as the node address.
But the parameter "NodeAddress" is indicated as "STATIC"

Is the NodeAddress can be changed by the Script?
We could imagine the script on the startup, into the Task0_Init or Task1_Init function will read the DipSwitch input and then modify the NodeAddress parameter. It is possible?
0 Likes
dakh_4791506
Employee
Employee
First like received First solution authored
Unfortunately NodeAddress only supports 15 addresses. See 2.3.3, Table 12 of the Software Reference Manual. Please see the other forum thread for the suggestion to consider IMC302A.
0 Likes
AG_Serad
Level 4
Level 4
Hello

15 node address is suficient for us. We need up to 4 node ID.

But when we manufactur the board, we not program the node ID. We produce all the same board.

It is only when the board will be mounted in the final prodcut we will set the node ID by Dip switch
0 Likes