TLE9879 / BLDC FOC sensorless / Motor not restart after Stop

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19528
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Hello,
Currently i am using BLDC Foc sensorless example with TLE9879 evaluation kit to drive my BLDC motor
To run the motor, i send command with a speed target (1500 rpm), the motor spins and reaches the target
To stop the motor i'm using Emo_StopMotor() routine.
My Issue is :
I'm not able to restart the motor after the "Stop". Every time i have to reprogram the IC to restart and run the motor again.
Could you please help me to find the solution.
Thanks in advance for your support
0 Likes
2 Replies
Georges_Lab
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted
Hello,
I observed same issue with HALL sensor configuration. On nearly every stop was any of HSx_OC_STS flag set and driver was then disabled. (overcurrent condition). I overrided it by writing all HSx_OC_DIS to 1. But can someone explain me proper handling of this situation? How to reset HSx_OC_STS flag? and Why overcurrent happen on motor stop? Thank you.
0 Likes
rohitrawat
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
First solution authored 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

Hey @User19528 , @Georges_Lab ,

If you wanted to rerun the motor without restarting the IC you have to call "Emo_StartMotor((uint32)1u);" function to start the motor and "Emo_setspeedreferenz(1500);" function to set the motor RPM.

If still motor not start then call  "BDRV_Clr_Sts(LS1_DS | LS2_DS | LS3_DS | HS1_DS | HS2_DS | HS3_DS );" this function to clear all error before starting the motor.

rohitrawat_1-1706955123978.png

Best Regards,

Rohit

rohitrawat_0-1706954949702.png

0 Likes