Ethernet Working on TC2x7 Application kit board but not on TC297 Normal Board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19424
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored First like received
Hello,
I have 2 boards:
-Application Kit TC2x7 v1.1
-TriBoard TC297 v1.0
(Both Aurix)

On my application kit TC2x7, Ethernet Functionality works and all is good (Ping works and I can send and receive packets) , but when I upload my code to the TC297, It doesn't (No ping no nothing)
It is the exact same code and exact same binary (AUTOSAR Classic projects compiled with Tasking to Tricore if it makes any difference).

Is there a reason this happens? Was there a notable Ethernet change between the versions that causes the code to work on v1.1 but not v1.0?

I'll also add that the Ethernet port lights do light up even on the second board that doesn't work...

I would be very grateful for any help, thanks!
0 Likes
5 Replies
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi

Is there a difference on the steps (ie, AB step, BC step) of the device used on both boards?
if yes, there will be a difference on the SFRs file used.

Did a reset happened on the not working board?
if yes, most likely a trap has happened.
Thanks.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
The difference between this two boards is that for MDIO is used on Application Kit P21.3 and on TriBoard P21.1
Also the ethernet Phy wake up in different modes on this boards therefore any configuration of Phy is needed (especially for TriBoard).
Please note that P21.1 on TriBoard must be configured to weakest driver mode because on this pin the HW switching between output and input is not working for MDIO. This make sure that the Phy can overdrive the line.
If your sw doesn't contain Phy configuring part via MDIO then you should change R370 from 11K to 3K3, then the Phy on TriBoard wakes up in the same configuration as on the Application Kit.
0 Likes
User19424
Level 3
Level 3
VincentWan wrote:
Hi

Is there a difference on the steps (ie, AB step, BC step) of the device used on both boards?
if yes, there will be a difference on the SFRs file used.

Did a reset happened on the not working board?
if yes, most likely a trap has happened.
Thanks.

Hello,
A trap does not occur.
Simply, the exact same flow happens on my working board with the Ethernet Cable Disconnected and on the Non-Working board with the cable connected.
I'll add that this is the only thing that doesn't work. The rest run's as intended.

And regarding the AB step/BC step, how do I check this?
I see my compiler (Tasking) comes included with various regtc.sfr files. Guessing I have to change in the make-file which one I use?

Thank you for your help!
0 Likes
VincentWan
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi

the device step comes after the AURIX series part number, SAK-TC275TP-64F200W AB
it is laser printed on the chip.

u should check what MoD has replied u above.
Thanks.
0 Likes
User19424
Level 3
Level 3
MoD wrote:
The difference between this two boards is that for MDIO is used on Application Kit P21.3 and on TriBoard P21.1
Also the ethernet Phy wake up in different modes on this boards therefore any configuration of Phy is needed (especially for TriBoard).
Please note that P21.1 on TriBoard must be configured to weakest driver mode because on this pin the HW switching between output and input is not working for MDIO. This make sure that the Phy can overdrive the line.
If your sw doesn't contain Phy configuring part via MDIO then you should change R370 from 11K to 3K3, then the Phy on TriBoard wakes up in the same configuration as on the Application Kit.

Thanks for the answer!

Is there some sort of example configuration I can see for the boards? I don't really know where or how to change these configurations.
0 Likes