PWM HW_Connections ST_Timer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19988
Level 1
Level 1
Hello everyone,

I don't understand what ist meant by ST_Timer or ST1_Timer.
Is this a signal of my generated pwm? Is this another signal? How does it look like? And I can connect it to for example the HRPWM Set and clear signals, but nothing happens.
I'd be really happy if someone could explane it to me.
I'm using the XMC4200
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Have a look to the HRPWM APP documentation, Architecture documentation section:
timer_st Output Always Timer status signal, can be used as trigger source for other peripherals.(e.g. ADC, CCU4, CCU8)
timer_st1 Output Always Channel 1 status signal, can be used as trigger source for other peripherals.(e.g. ADC, CCU4, CCU8)
timer_st2 Output Always Channel 2 status signal, can be used as trigger source for other peripherals.(e.g. ADC, CCU4, CCU8)

These signals can be used for example as inputs for other CCUx to i.e. to change the counting direction or gating signal in counting mode among others.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User20636
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Jesus,

I have a question regarding timer_st1 and timer_st2 in the HRPWM DAVE Apps.
I wanted to make a quick test with a variable phase shifted Full Bridge, creating two HRPWM instances.

It's possible to connect from HRPWM0 timer_st to HRPWM1 external_event_y, but it's not possible to use timer_st2 as external event and use HRPWM0 compare 2 value as phase.

What am I missing here?
0 Likes