AURIX TC27x, PORST Reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19956
Level 1
Level 1
Hi everyone, I have some questions about warm/cold power reset when i pressed PORST button.

If i press PORST button, when does it go into EVR that trigger cold power reset from the picture below?
I cannot check STSTAT.STBYR, EVR33, EVR13 when i pressed PORST button.

So i think there are some time gaps between warm power reset and cold power reset. Is it right?

Currently, I understand that EVR generates an SMU alarm when a reset occurrs.
Is there a way to enter EVR with trigger cold power reset and check SMU alarm when the PORST button is pressed as shown in the picture below?

4504.attach
0 Likes
1 Reply
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
JAEHYUN BAE wrote:
If i press PORST button, when does it go into EVR that trigger cold power reset from the picture below.

The PORST signal does go to the EVR block however the EVR block only asserts the respective voltage supply's error signal when it is not in range to force a cold reset.

JAEHYUN BAE wrote:
Is there a way to enter EVR with trigger cold power reset and check SMU alarm when the PORST button is pressed as shown in the picture below?

You need a violation in at least one of the monitored power voltages to cause a "cold" power on reset. Asserting the PORST without a voltage violation will only causes a warm power on reset.
0 Likes