1ED020I12-B2 driving 3 IGBT FF200R12KT4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16691
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First solution authored
Hello to all!

I would like to know if the driver 1ED020I12-B2 can handle 3 IGBT Infineon FF200R12KT4 ( 3 IGBT for each channel ).

It will be used in a full bridge inverter, input 125 Vdc, output 220 Vac with isolated transformer.

Is just put separated gate resistor?

Sincerelly;

Marcelo
0 Likes
1 Solution
User16691
Level 1
Level 1
Ok, thanks a lot!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Srivatsa
First comment on blog 10 sign-ins First like received
Hi Marcelo,

The 1ED020I12-B2 has max driving current of 2 A and it cannot drive 3 FF200R12KT4 IGBTs on its own. It will need external booster stage as shown in page 11 here https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN2008_02_EconoDUAL3_PACK+-ApplicationNotes-v01_03-EN.pdf?fil...

You can also look at 2ED300C17-S high current driver board.

Thanks and regards,

Srivatsa
0 Likes
User16691
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for the anwer Srivatsa!

In the app note, they use two complementary pairs of transistors. What is the reason?

If i select a unique pair of transistor with the current capacity it should be used?

Sincerelly
Marcelo
0 Likes
Srivatsa
First comment on blog 10 sign-ins First like received
Hi Marcel,

The complementary pair easily provides fast turn on and turn off characteristics.

Pls look here https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-External_booster_for_Driver_IC-ApplicationNotes-v01_06-EN.pdf...

This application note gives you the information needed to design the external booster stage.

Thanks and regards,

Srivatsa
0 Likes
User16691
Level 1
Level 1
Ok, thanks a lot!
0 Likes