TLE987x - Charge Pump Voltage (Vcp) is too high

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19019
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

I'm facing an issue of charge pump voltage is too high. VCP_UPTH_STS is set.

I would like to know the followings:

1. Is it possible to reduce the sensitivity of Vcp (ADC2 channel 3) by changing the filter setting? If so, what are the register settings?
2. How to increase the charge pump voltage threshold by setting the registers?
3. How to convert the threshold in volt to the value that is supposed to be set in the register?
4. Which register to read in order to monitor the real-time charge pump voltage value? How to convert the AD values back to the voltage?

Thank you.
0 Likes
3 Replies
User17952
Level 3
Level 3
Hi,
What is your supply voltage?
0 Likes
User19019
Level 1
Level 1
LiangXiao wrote:
Hi,
What is your supply voltage?

Supply voltage is 19.5V.
0 Likes
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
Hi, for part of the following answers please refer to the user manual (UM) and datasheet (DS). I will be mentioning references to the TLE9879:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE9879QXA40-UM-v01_04-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4624e24005f014e52ca...
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE9879QXW40-DS-v01_01-EN.pdf?fileId=5546d4625b10283a015b248f...

1. Is it possible to reduce the sensitivity of Vcp (ADC2 channel 3) by changing the filter setting? If so, what are the register settings?
Yes it is, you can find a description of the signal processing in the UM chapter 23.7.

2. How to increase the charge pump voltage threshold by setting the registers?
Same as for question 1.

3. How to convert the threshold in volt to the value that is supposed to be set in the register?
To convert please use the value of ATTVCP in DS table 35 and transfer characteristics in UM 22.3.2.

4. Which register to read in order to monitor the real-time charge pump voltage value? How to convert the AD values back to the voltage?
For the re-conversion same as question 3, the readout value is located in the FILT_OUTx registers as explained in UM chapter 23.6.2
0 Likes