How to display XMC_DEBUG and printf messages when debugging on my laptop's monitor?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19880
Level 1
Level 1
Hi!

I would like to be able to display XMC_DEBUG and/or printf messages to debug my code more efficiently on my laptop display. I am using Dave 4.4.2. I have followed some guides on here (specifically this one: https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/6007-printf-in-DAVE4.4.2) on how to enable semihosting. Currently I am stuck when I run the debugger,
J-Link asks me to either use a USB debug device or enter some IP message for some emulator?

4512.attach

What is this and how do I configure it? I understand that I can flash my code on some test kit and use that debugger, but I am still unsure on how to display the messages afterwards on my laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help!
0 Likes
1 Reply
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

Most of the XMC development kits have an on board debugger that provides additionally a virtual COM port to which you can attach a PC terminal.
The link you reference above is using the debugger semihosting interface. These are two different methods.

The dialog box you show appears when the JLink GDBServer can not detect a JLink probe connected to the PC.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes