TC29x SMU NMI Alarm

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19626
Level 1
Level 1
Hey,

I have enabled NMI trap request using the following code:

endinitSfty_pw = IfxScuWdt_getCpuWatchdogPasswordInline(&MODULE_SCU .WDTCPU[0]);
IfxScuWdt_clearCpuEndinitInline(&MODULE_SCU.WDTCPU[0], endinitSfty_pw);
scu->TRAPCLR.B.SMUT = 1;
scu->TRAPDIS.U = 0x0000fff7;
IfxScuWdt_setCpuEndinitInline(&MODULE_SCU.WDTCPU[0], endinitSfty_pw);

and have confirmed that TRAPDIS is actually set to that value. I have configured ErrorPin SMU fault state internal alarm to NMI using the following code:

IfxSmu_unlock(&MODULE_SMU);
endinitSfty_pw = IfxScuWdt_getSafetyWatchdogPassword();
IfxScuWdt_clearSafetyEndinit(endinitSfty_pw);

smu->AGCF[2][0].U = 0x80000000;
smu->AGCF[2][1].U = 0x20000000;
smu->AGCF[2][2].U = 0xa0000000;

IfxScuWdt_setSafetyEndinit(endinitSfty_pw);
IfxSmu_lock(&MODULE_SMU);

and when I initiate a FSP alarm trigger using SMU_ActivateFSP(), TRAPSTAT.B.SMUT does go to 1 indicated NMI trap was requested.

However, the SMU internal alarm counter (ACNT) does not increment while the fault counter FCNT does.

I have also configured the internal alarm to System Reset instead of NMI, and have observed resets and ACNT incrementing.

This makes me question if the NMI request ever gets to the Cores. Any thoughts?

4505.attach

Thanks,
Sergeh
0 Likes
2 Replies
User19626
Level 1
Level 1
This issue has been resolved.

In the TC29x manual version (1.3 2014-12), the SMU_AFCNT is shown as below. However, ACNT is actually bits [11:4], not [15:8].
4539.attach
0 Likes
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Hi Sergeh. As you discovered, SMU_AFCNT is incorrect in TC297 UM 1.3. This and other documentation mistakes are covered in the Errata Sheet - in this case, SMU_TC.007 Size and Position of Field ACNT in Register SMU_AFCNT.

Someday we hope to make the documentation more of a living document, but for now, remember to check the Errata Sheet if you suspect something isn't quite right!
0 Likes