1EDF5673F driving IGO60R070D1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19858
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I have been developing a new PCB with GaNs IGO60R070D1 to build a three-phase synchronous rectifier as shown in the image.

4491.attach

I am now trying to commission the PCB but I am not having all the success with these (it's the first time I do power electronics of this level and also first time working with drivers and GaNs).

From the image in the top, I am trying to switch the lower side of one of the bridge-legs, by tying a 50kohm pull-up from the drain to the 200V supply. I would be expecting to see a 200V "pseudo-square wave" or similar but instead I am getting this from the oscilloscope, and I am not sure how to explain this behaviour. Red is Gate to Source voltage of the GaN, which seems to indicate that the driver is acting correctly. Blue is the PWM to that driver and Green is voltage from Drain to Source.
4493.attach 4492.attach

Additionally, when I try to just drive both high and low side of one leg and see the mid point voltage, I get something even weirder in behaviour:

4494.attach4495.attach4496.attach

Have any of you ever seen this behaviour (first or second issue explained)? Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Miguel
0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Please share the GAN device drive circuit. It seems to be that there is some issue with your driving circuit.

Regards,

AZIZ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Please share the GAN device drive circuit. It seems to be that there is some issue with your driving circuit.

Regards,

AZIZ

0 Likes