TC397B Ethernet initializationfail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19664
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked
Hi,
I'm trying to use the Geth module with the TC397B on the Aurix TFT board. (iLLD_1_0_1_11_0)
I could build the example application with TASKING, and the ethernet interface works as intended.
However I've made a new project, and copied the lwip port code from the example project, and it stucks during initializing the ethernet module. When IfxGeth_Eth_initModule() called it resets the eth, first setting the KRST0.B.RST then the KRST1.B.RST,
but the reset never take effect, and it waits for the KRST0.B.RSTSTAT setting in an endless loop. With the example code after the KRST1.B.RST sets, the reset immediately executes, and RSTSTAT will be set.
I've checked that I do everything during the initialization as the same as the example code does.

Could there be something missing before resetting the eth module?
0 Likes
4 Replies
User19664
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted Welcome! First question asked
I've found out that I have forgotten to set the proper clock source in TASKING for the GETH module. After setting the GETHDIV to fsource0/2 in SCU_CCUCON5 everything works just fine!
0 Likes
User21075
Level 1
Level 1
Hi could you please share the example code, I did not find any ethernet / gigabit etherentet / geth related example code.
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Please see the demo projects for TriBoard and Application Kit in myicp.
0 Likes
User18816
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

we are using the Triboard TC397 TH v 2.01.
we want to use the GETh driver.
We tested the driver in the default mode ( loop back mode was activated bydefault). We get the packets.
we used the GETH demo to test. it worked.
How, we want to get the physical interface up and running.
We are connecting RGMII interface, and we trying to switch off the loopback on the RTL 8211.
But the link is not coming up.
The bit indicating the link up/down is indicating it is still down.

Any clues about what is required to get the GETH driver up and running on RGMII interface...

Thanks in advance.

AAA
0 Likes